Author Topic: What's the latest on the field's weather station, web cam, etc?  (Read 2605 times)

bobmct

• View Profile
Nice new site and good to see a membership forum.
I thought I would ask here but as the subject states Can anyone describe the current status of this project?
Truthfully it would be quite nice to check the temp and wind speed as well as take an actual look to see if anyone is actually there?
I'd sure others have run into this but the drive down only to find no one there or the wind too strong is a big waste of gasoline and time.

fmeyerrc

• View Profile
Re: What's the latest on the field's weather station, web cam, etc?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 12:43:08 pm »
That is still an open issue and we are working on it.  Bernie reported the progress being made by the committee at the April 15thy meeting.  For the moment, I will see if we can insert a weather link to the closet weather station to out field so at least yo can get temp, wind, velocity, & conditions.  That's the best we can do for now.

mareswj

• View Profile
Re: What's the latest on the field's weather station, web cam, etc?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 01:46:41 pm »
I too thought that a web cam and weather station would be perfect for our field.
However. When we have our Monthly meetings there isn't anybody to support me when I mention it. Bernie did a great job getting info for it. It would cost us a monthly fee. And as soon as that comes up, nobody wants it.

Oh well. Well just have to settle for the closest station from the Salem Town hall.