Author Topic: Aeroworks 100cc Carbon Cub, HERE WE GO AGAIN  (Read 4552 times)

Len

• View Profile
Aeroworks 100cc Carbon Cub, HERE WE GO AGAIN
« on: June 09, 2014, 10:56:12 pm »
Here we go again.

After an unfortunate situation destroyed my last CARBON CUB a couple weeks ago at the New England Aerotow,  the new kit arrived today in a huge crate and in perfect condition.
Thanks to Aeroworks for stepping up and helping to put this new plane in our shop. Most would have run and hid.

So, I've chosen to do another thread on this plane for two reasons.

1) Some things have changes in the kit, so I will highlight those changes.

2) It's therapeutic for me... I enjoy sharing and getting ideas from my friends.

To start, I pulled the fuse out of the box and took the windscreen off. I'm going to make another carbon hatch on top like the previous plane.
Cover the area you want to mold with duct tape, which will act as a release agent.

A layer of mat cloth was wet out and laid down, then 4 layers of carbon fiber.

The rest of the evening was dedicated to planning things out. I'll be using TD110H ( rear dump ) canisters with 70mm drop flex headers. A DA 150 will be the power of choice and I found a NIB PowerBox for handling the distribution of power to the servos and regulating the batteries
Another 3 blade prop ( 28.5x12 ) carbon fiber will be used for thrust.

Its great to have another Carbon Cub in the shop!!!

That's it for today.

barneyliftoff

• View Profile
Re: Aeroworks 100cc Carbon Cub, HERE WE GO AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 09:18:26 pm »
I too, am putting a Carbon Cub together.  Len, you are an inspiration.  Len made a carbon hatch for my Cub.  It goes just behind the wing and provides greater access to the radio and batteries.  Plus it looks cool. 

thanks Len

barneyliftoff

fmeyerrc

• View Profile
Re: Aeroworks 100cc Carbon Cub, HERE WE GO AGAIN
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 05:25:46 am »
You guys are great builders and it is terrific that you are spreading your knowledge.  Keep it up.