Author Topic: FYI - DX5e as a wireless trainer buddy box  (Read 6461 times)

bobmct

• View Profile
FYI - DX5e as a wireless trainer buddy box
« on: August 17, 2014, 09:15:43 pm »
As have many, I purchased Spektrum's new black DX6 which seems to use most of the same OS and programming as the new DX9.   The new DX6 supports wireless training mode with other Spektrum transmitters.    I was surprised today when I tried to connect my DX5e wirelessly to my DX6 for training.   I put the DX6 into trainer bind mode and then tried to bind the DX5e to it and believe it or not it worked!   So now the DX5e works as a student training box with my DX6 WITHOUT A WIRE.   Hooray for technology.
I thought this might help others with a wireless-capable transmitter and wishes to establish a wireless student box.   :)

sbrentson

• View Profile
Re: FYI - DX5e as a wireless trainer buddy box
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 06:37:36 pm »
The spektrum wireless buddy box allows any DSMX and DSM2 complaint transmitter to slave to to new DX6, DX7 or DX9 wireless trainers. The "student" radio just thinks that the "instructor" radio is the plane.

One of the best features I've discovered with the wireless trainer is that you have the option to set automatic instructor override. That is, instead of having to hold/release a trainer button, you can set it up so that as soon as the instructor moves a control, that radio takes control.

It's a really simple but innovative idea.